Thursday, May 29, 2008

Milk

Yesterday I started trying to give Peter milk. Last August, the allergist said that he was no longer allergic. We did not want to test that during the school year. Then we had the baby and he had eczema, so we held off until everything got settled. Now that Carlie is 8 weeks old and the eczema seems to be doing better, I though we should try again. Yesterday, I put some in his cheek and nothing happened. Today, after he drank his milk at breakfast, I realized I had not given him cow's milk. I put some in the sippy cup but there was not much rice milk to dilute it. He gave me an awful look when he tried it. I tried to pour it in his cereal and he stopped eating his cereal. My goal was to have him drink an ounce today. I guess I will put half an ounce in his rice milk at lunch and see what happens. I am fine having him drink rice milk but it would be nice if he could drink milk at daycare. Plus, it would open up more of the world to him like cheese. Maybe some day he could have ice cream. I have high hopes that this can lead to a more normal life. We will see how his body responses.

No comments: