Thursday, April 17, 2008

Walmart, Chex, Picky Eater

Today, after trying to convince Peter, my 2.5 year old, that he wanted to go to the store for 45 minutes, we were finally on our way to Walmart. I hate this place but I kept hearing that they had an allergy section. I don't know about the rest of the world of Walmarts, mine does not have a specialty section. They did though have some JellyBeans that are gluten free. They also had the new Rice Chex!! I was so excited to get my hands on them. I wonder if they taste any different. Plus the price was very right. They were less then $3 a box. Now, if only I liked rice milk. That is the only time that I really miss cow's milk.

When we got home, Peter had lunch. I have been trying to get Peter to branch out in his food choices. At this point, he eats simple foods. Usually a meat like chicken and then a piece of fruit. I am trying to get more grains into him. The challenge is his allergies. He is allergic to milk and wheat. Because of this, he has not been able to eat the same foods as us like most kids. 3 months ago, I started this diet and just recently he has figured out that he can eat my food. He is starting to do it but not foods that are mixed, i.e. meat mixed with veggies. If anyone out there has advice on how to get my picky eater to eat a real meal, I would love to hear it!

No comments: