Monday, January 21, 2008

Still Going

Sorry I have not posted but we lost our grandfather a week ago. We had to go to Oregon for the funeral. It took a lot of work to stick to the diet especially because we were doing family dinners every night, but my husband is amazing and always made sure I had food. I was very jealous though because my father in law made his amazing cinnamon rolls. I am almost caved but I did not.

I am feeling frustrated right now about food though. I feel like there is nothing to eat and I know better. I am loving my gf waffles that we make from Cooking Free by Carol Fenster, M.D. I really want to have mac and cheese along with many other dishes that I have gluten, dairy, etc. Tonight my husband is making hash browns and sausage with BBQ sauce (the homemade kind). I can't wait until dinner. Tomorrow is going to be some great Tomato soup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather.

(I came here from Karina's Kitchen Gluten-Free Bloggers list)

I just thought that I'd shamelessly plug my own blog. I post allergen free recipes (sans milk, egg, wheat, oats (for the most part), soy, corn, and a few others), as well as my experiences and thought that some might be of interest to you.

elsepeth27@blogspot.com

I can sympathize with your missing of cheese. I use coconut milk to "cream" sauces sometimes, but find that rice-based "cheese" isn't nearly as fulfilling as I'd like it to be, but if it's mixed in with other things enough, the texture can almost fool you if you don't pay a lot of attention to it....

I haven't tried this, and you may have found it searching through past posts, but Karina posted this recipe for cheesy uncheese sauce: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2007/12/cheesy-uncheese.html

Happy cooking, and best of luck to you!

<3 Beth

Ginger Carter Miller said...

Katie -- are you gluten free? You asked about the crescent roll recipe.

It is posted on a couple of other blogs, but I use the simple recipe. Alas, it has cottage cheese and butter in it, so it might not work for you!

Check out delightfullyglutenfree@wordpress.com == Cassandra has several variations of it on her site.

I am so sorry about your grandfather.