Monday, June 30, 2008

6 Months

I have been free of the majority of allergens for 6 months today. I have come a long way but there are many times that I just want cheese, gluten, or something else that has allergens. I am a lucky one. Someday I will eat these foods again. There are many people who can not say that.

We are still trying to introduce milk to Peter. Today we tried with ice cream. He would not touch it at all. It is amazing how allergy kids just get a sense of what is bad for their bodies, even when they are so young. Anyone have any ideas of what else to try? I am thinking Cheetos.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

i found your website through karina's kitchen-- i'm living allergen free for the sake of my baby as well (he's 12 months and i'm still breastfeeding)... i've been dairy/casein free for 10 months and wheat, dairy, egg, peanut, and citrus free for 4 months now... i'm curious, do you have recipes on your site? i'm really REALLY tired of the same 5 foods and i think my ds is too because he's refusing to eat his "go-to" solids... would love some recipes if you have any to share :-)

Lisa Cooks Allergen Free said...

Check out my blog for recipes: lisacooksallergenfree.com, all my recipes are free of the major 8 allergens and gluten. Thanks.